Our Mission and Values
The mission of North Star Facilitators is to be of the highest possible service to groups while ensuring enjoyable learning and collaborative problem-solving.
How We Work
We help teams plan, problem solve, refocus, learn, make decisions, reach consensus, innovate, and resolve tensions.
We do this by:
- Creating a safe environment for dialogue
- Tapping into the wisdom of each team member to create overall success
- Using interactive learning to build understanding and reach decisions
- Helping groups make the journey from where they are now to where they want to be
- Handling conflict skillfully
- Sharing our positive energy, enthusiasm, compassion and humor
- Using creativity and play to stimulate learning and productivity
What We Believe
(Adapted from ICA Canada)
We believe that:
- Each individual has an inherent wisdom to contribute to the overall team success.
- Every idea is valuable.
- We need everyone’s wisdom for the greatest results.
- The sum of the whole is greater than the sum of the parts
- Everyone will hear and be heard.
- Learning and productivity are proportional to the positive emotional state of participants
- Listening with compassion and non-judging
- Treating everyone equitably and fairly
- Learning from the past to create positive futures
- Celebrating successes
- Creating enjoyable, focused learning experiences