Facilitator Learning Modules
Too Many Problems to Solve
Master Complex Facilitation
Imagine that you have been asked to design and facilitate a challenging workshop or event. Where do you even begin? This handout presents five steps to design a “no fail” event.
This module includes:
- Complexity checklist to evaluate how complex your event is with your client: to evaluate what particular elements of complexity you are facing.
- The four life cycle phases of an event: Decide which phases are most important to the success of your event.
- The FACETS of Success: Identify specific actions that you can take for each factor in each phase of the event to contribute to the success of the event.
- List of generic tools: Identify and select which type of tools will best address your client’s needs in each phase.
- Template: to map out your preliminary design with appropriate activities, tools and processes.